I conducted my search on inpatient pneumovax programs, because I’m interested in improving our rate of administration to patients that meet criteria. I wanted to see what has been published on the topic as a guide for conducting a program evaluation – and a search for best practices. I had never used PubMed, but I felt more confident in trying it after watching the tutorial. After setting limits and trying a variety of Boolean operators, I was able to get my search number down to 29 then narrowed further by selecting only the ones that sounded the most applicable.
The search was time-consuming mostly because of my lack of familiarity with this index, so I needed to refer to the tutorial occasionally. PubMed is an electronic reference that is available at my workplace, so I don’t foresee any barriers, especially as I use it more often and gain more confidence in all the available features.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment